We are using real objects in our classroom to to see how they would be packed into boxes as snug as possible, in the real world, if we needed to pack the items individually. We've been measuring the volume of the boxes we make using centimeters cubed.
We have also imagined that our Quick Images were toys that we need to ship in boxes, and made boxes for those items too. Some of us are also working out the volume of real boxes we brought in...always working out their boxes volume.
Which one did you learn the most from and had fun with? Why and how?
 |
| Preparing a box for a glue stick |
 |
| Thinking of the right box for a "toy" |
 |
| Does this box work? |
 |
| Here's one snuggly fit sello-tape! |
 |
| A boxed up glue stick! |
 |
| What did we learn from this? |
 |
| Experimenting with packaging "Quick Image" toys! |
 |
| A joint effort to work out the volume of a real box in cubic centimeters |
I think I learned most from getting the voulme of the box because that helped me how to get voulme not doing so much thing also we had fun and enjoy finding voulme
ReplyDeleteI think looking quick images and trying to know voulme of the quick images was pretty helping me it was hard so we didn't want to do it but that thing help me and more fun and crative trying to make a box of this.
ReplyDeleteI like making the box for the toys because t was fun, I learnd about volume and because I tought it was fun to imagine to be a toy maker!!!!
ReplyDeleteGonzalo The Ninja!!!
I like making the box the most because I did this by myself. I learned a new thing which is when you put a number next to cm. I didn't know why they put the number but now I know what it mean. And that mean is the how many dimention is there. Also I like this because is more comfortable to take my stuff so I like to make the box. I make the box cleary. I alreay know how to make the box of something so I feel it was easy. So I like this one. -Hyungwoo-
ReplyDeleteI think that finding the volume of a box is a bit complicated because you can mess up with the top layer. Building boxes for objects is fun because you draw and cut out, it's just fun for me like that.
ReplyDeleteThis work was awsome. I had so much fun working on the math about cubic centemeters (cb3). I learned from Libby how to do a easy way of multiplycation .
ReplyDeleteBy: Lotti
I think what was best was cutting the boxes to know there volume. It was really fun cutting the poor boxes up! MUHAHAHA!!! It made me learn 2 things, first of all, to look at the box before cutting it up. Because if you dont know what the box looks like then you dont know where to measure. Secondly, i learned how to find the volume of the box. This activity was very fun. What do you guys think?
ReplyDeleteI really like to make the boxes and to do the 10min math with the cubes so I would like to keep on working with division and 𞊢's.
ReplyDeleteI thought finding the volume of the box we had to open was one of the best things we did because it was one of the hard things if you got confused with what you had to do. My strategy to find the volume of any box with the more boxes was to multiply the height by the width to get the answer for more boxes. I look forward to working with prisms because i know lots about them.
ReplyDeleteI thought that activity was very fun and challenging! We all had some slight issue or problem, but we quickly fixed it by being open-minded and listening to our partners!
ReplyDeleteI tried to do the last thing wich is ''make a box for an object in the classroom [not computer ,chair ect..] I MADE A BOX FOR A hole punch it was very tricky because the hole punch was not a prism wich is any chape withe a bottome and a top the same sides so it was very hard but I made a box but i could done better
ReplyDeleteHello we are going to tell you about are box/ shape. we first made a box that looked like the shape and then one that loooked like a real world box then we noticed that the one that looked like a shape was wrong
ReplyDeleteI learned the most for making the boxes for the quick images and I also had the most fun doing that.
ReplyDeleteI learned the most because It was more chalenging then the other questins.
I learned that you are suppose to make a box for a square shape not to reallly fit the box like the one in those photos!!!
ReplyDelete